Year one of law school or 1L
- Focus on required first-year JD curriculum in Chicago.
- Apply for admission to the master's portion of the dual-degree program.
*A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required, though students with a slightly lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Year two of law school or 2L
- Concentrate on MIEBL coursework at Pontificia Universidad Comillas, Madrid.
- Course credits count toward the 86 credit hours required for a DePaul JD and are equivalent to two semesters in the DePaul JD program.
- Students finish MIEBL course work by late April, and are strongly encouraged to return to the United States immediately to pursue summer employment or internships.
Year three of law school or 3L
- Satisfy remaining DePaul JD requirements, including Legal Analysis, Research & Communication (LARC) III; Legal Profession, and an approved professional skills course.
- The advanced legal writing requirement is satisfied through the Master's Thesis that students will have completed as part of their MIEBL studies in Madrid.
- In their third year, students are also strongly urged to take such critical Bar passage courses as Evidence, Criminal Procedure, Business Organizations, Federal Income Tax, Secured Transactions or Commercial Paper, and Wills and Trusts.