Circulation Policy - Borrowing Eligibility (In-person/walk-in borrowers):
All DePaul patrons and members of consortiums (i.e. I-share, CLAS) with reciprocal borrowing agreements with DePaul must have a valid institution ID in order to check out library materials (i.e. items eligible for circulation/loan based on their privileges). Members who need additional forms to complete the checkout process (i.e. CLAS) should obtain these materials from their institution library first before in-person/walk-in borrowing transactions. ID cards are non-transferrable.
Public patrons / visitors are not eligible for borrowing priviledges. For more information on Public / Visitor access, please see the Public Patron / Visitor Access Guidelines entry on our About
Food and Beverage Policy:
The law library allows the consumption of beverages and food with restrictions. Beverages (non-alcoholic only) must be in covered, spill-proof containers. Please limit consumable food to pre-packaged snacks, or small pieces of fruit. Smelly or greasy foods--which can damage the books and furnishings and have more potential to invite vermin into library premises--is prohibited. Food deliveries (ex. pizza deliveries) are prohibited. Please remember to place all trash or garbage in the appropriate receptacles. The law library reserves the right to prohibit individuals from bringing in and consuming food in the library that may be deemed disruptive (ex. smelly) to other patrons utilizing the facilities.
Conference / Study Room Policy:
The law library has several study rooms on each floor for student use. Study rooms are restricted to DePaul Law student use only; on a first-come, first-served basis with priority going to groups over individual use. Study rooms are non-reservable with exception only for College of Law administrative purposes. DePaul Law Students can check out a study room through the Access Services Desk in the Law library.
Other prohibited items and activites in the Law library:
The following items/activities are prohibited:
• Smoking tobacco products.
• Carrying and/or consuming alcoholic beverages.
• Use of cellphones. Cellphones, pagers and similar electronic devices should be set to silent or vibrate mode.
• Sleeping or loitering.
• Monopolizing any library space or obstructing the aisles.
• Entering an area or occupying study spaces that are limited to DePaul Students, Faculty and Staff only.
• Bodily hygiene or condition of personal effects that is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to patrons or staff.
• Using library restroom facilities or other library space for inappropriate purposes (including bathing, washing clothes).
• Pets (service animals are permitted).
• Inadequate of inappropriate attire (shoes and shirts required).
• The unauthorized removal, mutilation, or abuse of library equipment or materials is prohibited and subject to penalties under Illinois law.
• All library patrons are expected to maintain quiet and be considerate of others.
• Groups not affiliated with DePaul School of Law may not conduct classes, tour or business activities without the prior written permission of the Director of the Law Library.
• Photography and filming of or in law library premises without the written permission of the Director of the Law Library and appropriate releases from the University. DePaul students filming or taking photos for coursework are expected to adhere to the policy and procedures for filming on campus and are NOT exempt from obtaining the written permission of the Director of the Law Library to use law library facilities.