ASP is located in the third-floor Student Services Suite and is open to all students. The program includes weekly workshops, meetings with ASP Student Mentors, a practice exam session and an ASP study aid library.
- 1L Weekly ASP workshops. A new 1L ASP workshop is offered each Tuesday (and repeated on Wednesday) at 12:00 p.m. for day students and at 5:00 p.m. for evening students. Topics include case briefing, note-taking, study aids, study groups, case synthesis, outlining, exam preparation, managing time and stress, and more. All 1L students are encouraged to attend. Students can get the most out of ASP by attending every week.
- 1L Practice exam session. During the Autumn semester, ASP conducts a three-hour practice exam designed to give 1L students a preview of the law school final exam experience and learn how it differs from the undergraduate exam experience.
- Meetings with the ASP Mentors. ASP Mentors are upper-level law students who are academically successful and want to help students develop the same skills that contributed to their success. During the Autumn and Spring semesters, Mentors hold weekly office hours in the ASP office.
- Meetings with the ASP Director. The Director of Academic Success & Bar Passage Ben Alba also is available to address students’ questions and concerns about academic success and the transition to law school.
- ASP study aid library. ASP maintains a library of over 400 study aids on first-year and upper-level subjects, which students can check out free of charge for five days.