At least a few days before the exam
See Exam4 Support for hardware requirements and supported operating systems.
Take a practice exam to familiarize yourself with the software.
Practice Exam Instructions:
- Click button for "Prepare to start a new exam" Click "Next."
- Enter your four-digit anonymous“Exam ID.” Must enter it twice.
- Enter your DePaul student ID in the box marked “Optional/protected info.”
- Select your course from the dropdown. Select it again. Click “Next.”
- Select either of the available “Practice Exams.” Select it again. Click “Next.”
- Check box to reconfirm, Click “OK.”
- If you wish, change screen font size and color (countdown timer not activated).
- Click “Next” button.
- Click "Got it?" Button – Click “Next.”
- Check "CLOSED" Exam Mode and Click "Next." (this just means that you will be locked out of other programs while you take your exam.)
- Begin the practice exam
- Make sure you have your computer plugged in or fully charged
- Make sure your Campus Connect information is on-hand
- Turn on the computer and follow the proctor's instructions
- Start Exam4, then follow the in-class instructions
After the exam
- Click “End Exam” tab at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click “End Exam Now.”
- Check “Confirm” button and click “Ok, end exam.”
- Click “Submit Electronically” - You may NOT save the exam to USB or computer.
- Click “OK.”
- You will see a green bar stating “Exam Submitted Successfully.”
- Check “I understand” box, Click “OK.”
- To fully exit Exam4, click “File & Save Options” in upper left corner. Click “Exit.”
- Do not click to resubmit your exam. It has already been submitted.
- You may not save a copy of your exam on a USB, your computer or any other device.