Each classroom has a phone with a direct line to the University's Classroom Technology Hotline (2-5900) to address urgent in-class technology issues.
In addition, the Law Tech Team provides support and assistance to the College of Law community in using classroom equipment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support we provide:
- Assistance with A/V equipment in the classroom
- Assistance with video recording and video streaming of class sessions and teleconferencing. (Staff availability permitting. See Classroom & Event Video Streaming & Recording for more details)
Frequently Asked Questions about Classroom Technology
What teaching equipment is available in the classroom?
- Windows PC
- Wired network connection
- Ceiling mounted projection unit
- Large projection screen
- DVD player (standalone or computer DVD drive)
- Document camera
- Amplifier and speakers
- Cable connection bundle (monitor, network and sound connections) for laptops
- Podium with control panel. All equipment components are integrated and controlled from the podium.
How can I access my presentation from the classroom computer?
To prevent issues with your presentations in the classroom, take the following steps:
Note: You should use at least two of the above options, as a backup.
- Email your presentations to yourself then open them from your email
- Save your presentations to a web-accessible file hosting service such as Dropbox
- Save your presentations to a flash drive or CD and bring it to class.
Can I reserve technology equipment for use in the lounge or conference room?
To request equipment that is not part of the instructional technology already available in the classroom, please contact the Law Tech Team, email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance with the following information:
Mobile equipment that can be reserved include:
- Classroom number and building
- Date, start and end times of class
- Your name and contact information
- Requested technology.
- Amplifier cart with wireless lapel microphones
- Portable speaker with stand
Is there technical support for the classroom?
An internal telephone is available in every classroom and connects directly to the University Classroom Technology Hotline, 2-5900.
The Law Tech Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, provides technical support M-F, from 8:30am to 4:00pm.
The university Help Desk ((312) 362-8765, or Campus Connect -> Technology Support Center) provides additional support.