We provide on-site support and training to the College of Law community with equipment in classrooms during scheduled classes and events. Use the classroom phone to contact the Law Tech Team in case of a technical emergency or issues with equipment. We also provide training sessions to help instructors explore the different pieces of equipment in the classroom. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support we provide:
- Assistance with A/V equipment in the classroom
- Video streaming of class sessions or events for remote viewing
- Video recording
- Remote conferencing and streaming
Frequently Asked Questions about Classroom Technology
What teaching equipment is available in the classroom?
- Windows-based computer specifically tailored for classroom use
- Wired network connection
- Ceiling mounted projection unit
- Large projection screen
- Choice of stand-alone DVD player or computer DVD player
- VCR unit
- Document camera reader
- Amplifier and speakers
- Cable connection bundle (monitor, network and sound connections) for private laptops
- Podium with control panel. All equipment components are integrated and controlled from the podium.
What software is available in the classroom?
Microsoft Windows 7 or higher, Microsoft Suite 2013, Adobe Reader, Choice of web browsers
(Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome).
Note: Skype and video streaming software is available on demand.
How can I access my presentation from the classroom computer?
To prevent issues with your presentations in the classroom, take the following steps:
Note: You should use at least two of the above options, as a backup.
- Email your presentations to yourself then open them from your email
- Save your presentations to a web-accessible file hosting service such as Dropbox
- Save your presentations to a flash drive or CD and bring it to class.
Can I reserve technology equipment for use in the lounge or conference room?
To request equipment that is not part of the instructional technology already available in the classroom, please contact the Law Tech Team, email@example.com with the following information:
Mobile equipment that can be reserved include:
- Classroom number and building
- Date, start and end times of class
- Your name and contact information
- Requested technology.
- Cart with Windows computer, projector, speakers and screen
- Cart with overhead projector
- Amplifier cart with wireless lapel microphones
- Portable cable loud speaker with stand
Is there technical support for the classroom?
The Law Tech Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, provides technical support to the classrooms M-F,
from 8:30am to 5:00pm. The university Helpdesk ((312) 362-8765, or Campus Connect -> Technology Support Center) provides additional support.
An internal telephone is available in every classroom and connects directly
to the helpdesk. Please use it if you require help with the equipment.