DePaul University College of Law > Student Resources > Student Affairs/Registrar >
Exam Schedule & General Policies
- Dates and times for final exams are listed on the in-class exam schedule on the College of Law webpage located under the Student Resources tab. Click on Student Affairs/Registrar to locate examination information. The in-class exam schedule is located under Rescheduled Exams. Two months after a semester begins, the final in-class exam schedule is posted on the College of Law website.
- Students are expected to take in-class exams at the scheduled times.
- Final exams will be rescheduled only in extraordinary circumstances such as an emergency, serious illness or crisis, or where an exam conflict exists.
- Documentation of the emergency or serious illness must be provided before the makeup exam will be scheduled.
- Exams will not be rescheduled because of job commitments, weddings, graduations, travel plans, or for other personal reasons.
- Only the associate dean of student affairs may approve makeup or reschedule exams.
- Autumn 2017 Exam Schedule
In-Class Exam Conflict Policies
- If you have two in-class exams scheduled to begin less than 24-hours apart, you can request to reschedule one of the exams. (For example: If you have an exam scheduled for Monday, December 12 at 9:30 a.m., and an exam scheduled for Tuesday, December 13 at 9:30 a.m., this does not constitute an exam conflict.
- Rescheduled exams must be taken after the originally scheduled exam date and within the same week.
- The rescheduled exam option does not apply to take-home exams or paper classes, unless the take-home exam is distributed and due on the same day on which you have an in-class exam.
- The rescheduled exam option does not apply to first-year exams.
- The rescheduled exam application must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs by the deadline date indicated on the form.
- Autumn 2017 Rescheduled Exam Application
- First-year day classes have exams scheduled from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Upper-level day classes have exams scheduled from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evening classes have exams scheduled from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Students who use SofTest to type exams should arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled test time.
- Final exams are administered in December, May and July.
- Some law school exams are graded anonymously.
- Each semester, students are assigned and emailed a four-digit anonymous examination number to use on all anonymous exams.
- Students with disabilities must register with the Center for Students with Disabilities each academic year. Students must provide documentation of the disability to the university specialists. That office will confirm the disability and the need for accommodations and notify the College of Law.
- Forms to request accommodated in-class exams will be emailed to all students who are registered with the Center for Students with Disabilities. Students with disabilities who qualify for accommodations must submit to the Office of Student Affairs the accommodated in-class exam form before the designated deadline each semester.
- Students will receive confirmation of their accommodated exam by email two weeks before the exam period begins.