Key Provisions of President Obama's Executive Action on Immigration Reform
ents of President Obama’s plan for immigration reform, announced in a speech on November 21, include:
1. An expansion of DACA eligibility to include a broader class of children.
2. An extension of deferred action for parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.
3. An expansion of provisional waivers for spouses and children of lawful permanent residents.
4. A re-ordering of priorities for removal.
5. A new strategy to increase border security.