The prestigious Health Law Fellows Program provides DePaul College of Law students with opportunities to participate in the substantive work of the institute. Students maintain fellowship status in return for a
commitment to work on existing projects and to develop future JHLI
programs throughout the academic year. Fellows participate in a variety
of activities including monthly lecture series, newsletter editing, research and writing, mentoring, colloquia, symposia and social
- Fellows are eligible to apply for the JHLI Summer Scholar Program for PAID health law placements.
- Fellows are eligible to apply for the JHLI Student Board of Directors.
- Fellows are eligible to apply for DePaul's Health Law Transactional Moot Court Team and compete in the annual National Transactional Moot Court Team competition held at Loyola University Chicago.
- Fellows will receive event updates, important health law news, and the JHLI newsletter, E-Pulse.
- Fellows will have access to a password protected LexisNexis
course webpage, which contains interesting health law news, updates for fellows, and an outline
- Fellows are eligible to write-on to the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law.
- Fellows must attend the Spring Health Law Symposium.
- Fellows must attend at least two JHLI lectures in the Lecture Series.
- Fellows must contribute at least one submission to the Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute newsletter, E-Pulse.
- Fellows must be active participants in the Institute and programming throughout the year.
For more information or to submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and HealthLawInstitute@depaul.edu. Applications must be accompanied by an updated resume and a Letter of Intent (no longer than one typewritten page) explaining why you are interested in Health Law and what you hope to gain from your experience as a Fellow.
Already a JHLI Fellow? Access the LexisNexis link.
2019-2020 Health Law Fellows Application
Priority will be given to applications submitted on or before Dec. 31, 2019.