DePaul University College of Law > Law Library > About >
Other prohibited items and activities
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Smoking tobacco products.
- Carrying and/or consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Use of cellphones. Cellphones, pagers and similar electronic devices should be set to silent or vibrate mode.
- Sleeping or loitering.
- Monopolizing any library space or obstructing the aisles.
- Entering an area or occupying study spaces that are limited to DePaul Students, Faculty and Staff only.
- Bodily hygiene or condition of personal effects that is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to patrons or staff.
- Using library restroom facilities or other library space for inappropriate purposes (including bathing, washing clothes).
- Pets (service animals are permitted).
- Inadequate or inappropriate attire (shoes and shirts required).
- The unauthorized removal, mutilation, or abuse of library equipment or materials is prohibited and subject to penalties under Illinois law.
- All library patrons are expected to maintain quiet and be considerate of others.
- Groups not affiliated with DePaul School of Law may not conduct classes, tour or business activities without the prior written permission of the Director of the Law Library.
- Photography and filming of or in law library premises without the written permission of the Director of the Law Library and appropriate releases from the University. DePaul students filming or taking photos for coursework are expected to adhere to the policy and procedures for filming on campus and are NOT exempt from obtaining the written permission of the Director of the Law Library to use law library facilities.