Prior to joining DePaul, Anthony G. Volini was an associate at a Chicago intellectual property firm, where he primarily handled patent prosecution and infringement analyses in a variety of technology areas, including extrusion and other mechanical devices, plastics, household products, surgical navigation equipment and insecticides.
Volini is a member of DePaul’s Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology (CIPLIT®) and routinely advises students on interviewing, networking and resume writing. He also assists with coordinating CIPLIT® job placements. He is an inventor on U.S. Patent 7,308,992, assigned to S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., concerning aerosol actuating technology.
In addition to teaching his specific courses, he contributes to guiding the law school’s overall technology and intellectual property curriculum, including his active collaboration with DePaul’s College of Computing & Digital Media (CDM) on interdisciplinary technology education for law students.
BS, Benedictine University; JD, Loyola University Chicago, MS, Cybersecurity, DePaul University (Expected 2019)
- U.S. Reg. Patent Attorney
- CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate (ISACA)
- CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional US) (IAPP)
- CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe ) (IAPP)
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Writing
- Patent Drafting
- IP Licensing
- Cybersecurity & Privacy
- LARC 1 Legal Analysis Research & Communication
- LARC 2 Legal Analysis Research & Communication
- LARC 4: Patent & Trademark Drafting
- LARC 4: IP Licensing & Negotiation
- LAW 301: Entrepreneurship, Innovation & the Law (taught at 1871 & 2112)
- US & EU Data Privacy (beginning spring 2019)