DePaul University College of Law is ranked first on the law school list for the largest number of graduates recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers® in 2014. This is the fifth consecutive year that DePaul has topped the list. The new edition of Illinois Super Lawyers magazine includes 320 DePaul law graduates, with 13 recognized in the top 100 and one in the top 10. Only 5 percent of the state’s lawyers annually are selected for inclusion.
“The college, its faculty and alumni are thrilled at the news that, once again, DePaul has topped this year’s Illinois Super Lawyers law school list,” Dean Gregory Mark said. “This peer evaluation verifies what we all know, that we produce talented, innovative lawyers who lead the practice of law in one of the nation’s most important jurisdictions.”
Illinois lawyers who receive the highest point totals through the selection process also are recognized in Illinois Super Lawyers Top Lists. This year, DePaul alumni filled 13 spots on the top 100 list (pictured above, from top left, clockwise):
- Anthony J. Ashley (JD ’92), shareholder, Vedder Price
- Miles N. Beermann (JD ’58), partner, Beermann Pritikin Mirabelli Swerdlove
- Joseph G. Bisceglia (JD ’73), partner, Jenner & Block
- Stephan D. Blandin (JD ’86), principal and partner, Romanucci & Blandin
- Robert A. Clifford (JD ’76), partner, Clifford Law Offices
- Philip Harnett Corboy Jr. (JD ’77), partner, Corboy & Demetrio
- Steven B. Towbin (JD ’75), member, Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin
- John P. Scanlon (JD ’89), member, The Healy Law Firm
- Robert J. Palmersheim (JD ’96), partner, Schopf & Weiss
- Shawn S. Kasserman (JD ’90), partner, Tomasik Kotin Kasserman
- Keith A. Hebeisen (JD ’83), partner, Clifford Law Offices
- H. Michael Hartmann (JD ’76), partner, Leydig Voit & Mayer
- Kevin P. Durkin (JD ’80), partner, Clifford Law Offices
In addition, alumnus Robert Clifford is No. 1 on this year’s top 10 list for Illinois Super Lawyers. Three DePaul law graduates also were recognized on the top 50 list for women attorneys in Illinois:
- Adria East Mossing (JD ’88), partner, Mossing & Navarre
- Catherine L. Steege (JD ’82), partner, Jenner & Block
- Anita M. Ventrelli (JD ’89), partner, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck
Each year, Super Lawyers rates lawyers in more than 70 practice areas in all 50 states and in Washington, D.C., through its publications and online listings. Super Lawyers’ patented selection process involves independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The most heavily represented practice areas by DePaul law graduates in Illinois Super Lawyers include Business/Corporate, Business Litigation, Civil Litigation, Employment & Labor, Family Law, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury and Real Estate.
To view profiles of DePaul alumni selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers, visit www.superlawyers.com/illinois. For the top law school lists published in Super Lawyers from 2010 to 2014, visit www.superlawyers.com/lawschools.
This story also appears in DePaul's Newsline publication.