Attorneys have numerous opportunities to earn CLE credit. DePaul
University College of Law offers more than 50 live courses per calendar
year. Attorneys may also earn credit by participating in the following:
- Participate in CLE courses approved for Illinois credit. Search mcleboard.org for courses and providers.
- Apply to claim Illinois credit for certain out-of-state courses.
- Participate in certain nontraditional activities that meet specific criteria.
- Attend a law school course.
- Attend a legal presentation at a bar association meeting for up to 1.0 hour of CLE credit.
- Teach an accredited CLE course.
- Teach (part-time only) a law course at a law school.
- Teach (part-time only) a law course at a university, college or community college.
- Judge a law school moot court argument.
- Publish a scholarly legal book or article.
- Complete a yearlong mentoring program approved by the Commission on Professionalism