The Rare Book Room, located on the north side of the sixth floor of the
Law Library, is available primarily for university-related events
sponsored by College of Law and officially recognized student
organizations. The director of the Law Library must approve all requests
for university events not sponsored by the College of Law, with the
exception of requests from the university president's office.
University event: An event that is internally
sponsored by a department, faculty member, student organization or
employee of DePaul for some benefit to the DePaul community. Student
organizations hosting events must obtain signature approval from the
organization's faculty advisor.
Acceptable events include:
- Meetings, seminars and receptions sponsored by a member of the COL staff, administration or faculty
- Officially recognized COL student organization meetings/events
Non-university event: An event that has no
affiliation/association with DePaul University. Non-university events
and any event requiring registration payment and/or admission costs are
not appropriate for the Rare Book Room. Event sponsors should contact
DePaul University Conference Services, (312) 362-8624.
An event request must be entered in the College of Law room reservations
system before the reservation form is submitted. Reservations are not accepted
less than 24 hours or more than two weeks before the event, unless
approved by the Director of the Law Library. Reservations are not
accepted during the College of Law's quiet study (between the last
official day of classes and the beginning of final examinations) and
final examination periods, unless approved by the director. Reservations
for events of more than 25 people must be approved by the director.
To file requests through the online room scheduler:
- Select Law Library from the available locations.
- Select desired reservation date. Reservation Details page will open.
- Complete the information requested, then hit save and close.
- The reservation is pending until reviewed. College of Law Student Organizations must also complete the Online Student Organization Rare Book Room Reservation Approval Request Form before their reservation is approved.
- An email notification will be sent once the request has been approved.