Prospective students must have received a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school or a Bachelor of Laws from a foreign law school, or will have received such a degree prior to seeking admission.
When to Apply
DePaul College of Law has a rolling admissions process and reviews applications as soon as they are completed. Early application is recommended. Applicants should submit all required materials by the deadline for the term for which they wish to apply.
- Fall Semester (begins in August) July 1
- Spring Semester (begins in January) Nov. 1
- Summer Session (begins in June) April 1
How to Apply
To expedite the application and administration process, applicants are encouraged to apply online
. However, a PDF application
is also available. Prospective students should submit the following materials in order to be considered for admission.
- Completed application: An application is required for all applicants. Applications can be submitted electronically through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) or sent directly to the Office of Law Graduate Admissions.
- Application fee: A $40 nonrefundable application processing fee is required. If submitting your application electronically, you may pay online through LSAC. If mailing in your application, you may submit a check payable to Office of Law Graduate Admissions.
- Personal statement: A personal statement is required and must accompany your application for admission. It should not exceed two pages, and may provide the LLM Admissions Committee with information regarding such matters as intellectual interests and pursuits; personal, family or educational background; experiences and talents of special interest; reasons for applying to the LL.M. program as they may relate to personal goals and professional aspirations; or any other factors that will assist the committee's evaluation of your candidacy for admission.
- Resume: A current resume is required, should not exceed two pages and must accompany the application. It should include a complete employment record and identify honors, scholarships, and commendations received; membership in any bar, scholastic, honorary, and professional associations; as well as community, volunteer and extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required for all applicants, and additional letters are helpful. Letters may be written by employers or colleagues who are in positions to make critical and informed appraisals of qualifications. Letters from your law school professors also are particularly useful. Letters of recommendation can be submitted to LSAC or sent directly to the Office of Law Graduate Admissions.
- Official law school transcript
All application materials, except the official law school transcript, can be submitted online or emailed to Gradlaw@depaul.edu
. Alternatively, applicants can mail the documents, including the official law school transcript, to the following address:
Office of Law Graduate admissions
ATTN: LLM Program
DePaul University College of Law
25 E. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
LLM program tuition is charged per credit hour. For the 2016-2017 academic year, tuition is $1,500 per credit hour. To complete the 24 credit hour program full-time in one year of study, tuition is $36,000.
Please contact the Office of Law Graduate Admissions at (312) 362-8185 or Gradlaw@depaul.edu with questions about the application process.