DePaul University College of Law > Student Resources > Student Activities > Student Organizations >
Registration & Resources
- All student organizations, journals and the appellate moot court society must provide a list of officers and contact information to the director of student affairs & diversity. This information should be provided as soon as possible after each organization elects its executive board each academic year. If you are interested in starting a new student organization, email the director of student affairs & diversity.
- All student organizations (not journals or the moot court society) must also register with the Office of Student Involvement (OSI) by September 30 of each academic year. See the OrgSync 101 guidelines to the right and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the registration process.
- Organizations must have a faculty/staff advisor and a constitution that includes the following:
- Nondiscrimination clause
- Description of officers and their duties
- Elections process
- Amendment clause
- Attendance at the law student student leadership retreat, held each fall semester, is mandatory for all student organizations, journals and the appellate moot court society.
- Organizations must submit a budget request to the Student Bar Association treasurer each semester and abide by all applicable policies and procedures. See the forms and policies to the right.