Global Law Firms
A number of top global law firms with offices in Madrid make presentations during class, giving students an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the practice of business and commercial law on an international basis. The visits also afford contacts for potential future internship and employment opportunities. In summer 2019, law firms will include:
- Ernst and Young
- Ashurst LLP
- Asjusa Letramed
- Garrigues LLP
Participants also will meet with global top 10 law firm Jones Day. Managing Partner Mercedes Fernandez, one of Spain’s most successful attorneys, will meet the class at her office and share insights on what it takes to have a successful international legal practice.
- Spanish Congress (lower house of Parliament)
- Spanish Senate (upper house of Parliament)
- Supreme Constitutional Tribunal: Participants meet with one of the justices, who will share insights on Spain’s highest court
- Attorney General of Spain: Spain’s leading agency for law enforcement and criminal prosecutions
- Defender of the Rights of the People: Spain’s leading human rights ombudsman and advocate
- Madrid Stock Exchange: Participants engage in a lively discussion on the workings of the stock market and leading Spanish global companies
Every year, Professor Coll also takes program participants on a guided tour of the world-renowned Prado Museum, including 30 timeless masterpieces.