DePaul University College of Law and the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) offer a full semester exchange program for up to two DePaul students. Students pay regular tuition to DePaul but enroll in WU courses and apply earned credit hours toward their DePaul law degree.
is the largest business and economics university in Europe, and its
programs are consistently ranked among the world's best in business, tax
and commercial law. DePaul students enroll in English-language courses
offered in WU's Master in Business Law program, allowing them to
interact with faculty and students from Austria and Europe.
Courses generally include:
- Comparative Private & Business Law
- Competition & Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Tax Law
- European Labor & Social Law
- European Union External Relations & International Economic Law
- Foreign Tax Systems
- International Corporate & Financial Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- International Tax Law
- Law of International Commerce
- Principles of International Law
- Private Information Technology Law
- Selected Issues in Business Law
Vienna is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It hosts
numerous international organizations such as the UN Atomic Energy
Agency, the UN Industrial Development Organization and OPEC, and it is
an important cultural center with many theaters, concert halls and
museums. The city also provides many athletic and recreational
activities, such as biking, swimming and skating.
DePaul law students may live in dorms with other Austrian and
international students or may rent private housing. More detailed
housing information is available upon request.