Special Center Presentations
- Co-sponsorship of "Contested Allegiances: Christianity in an Era of Permanent War," October 13-16, 2003. A four-day symposium on political, social and religious commitments; participants included Francis Cardinal George, Archbishop of Chicago; Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School; and Thomas Shaffer, Robert and Marion Short Emeritus Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame Law School.
- "Women, Religious Institutions and the Law: Shaping Cultural Values," Dr. Elizabeth Schussler-Fiorenza, the Krister Stendahl Professor of Divinity at Harvard University, September 2000. 51 DePaul L. Rev. 1077 (2002).
- "Religion and Public Policy," a benefit reception and discussion featuring Donald T. Regan, former Chief of Staff to President Ronald Reagan and former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, September 1988.
- "Realism and the Religion Clauses," Honorable Antonin Scalia, Justice, United States Supreme Court, May 1993.
- "Gorbachev, Glasnost and the Gospel," Rev. Dr. Canon Michael Bourdeaux, Director, Keston Research, Oxford University, and author of the book of the same title, May 1991.
- "The Case Against a Constitutionally Compelled Free Exercise Exemption," William P. Marshall, Galen J. Roush Professor of Law, Case Western Reserve University Law School, November 1990.
- "Values in Education," Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Director, Student Service, Alliance for the Maryland State Department Education, June 1990.
- "Religious Displays on Public Property," a debate between Professor Michael McConnell, University of Chicago Law School, and James A. Serritella, former Executive Director, Center for Church/State Studies, moderated by former Chicago Alderman Leon Despres, September 1986.
- "The Role of the Religious Leader in the Development of Public Policy," Archbishop Joseph Cardinal Bernardin and respondents Martin E. Marty, Fairfax M. Cone, Distinguished Service Professor, University of Chicago Divinity School, Honorable Arlin M. Adams, former Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Presented at the American Bar Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, 1983. 34 DePaul L Rev 1 (1984).