There are several ways for alumni to stay involved with DePaul University College of Law. One of the best ways to interact with students is by participating in a program through Law Career Services. Whether it is by sitting on an information panel, participating in an on-campus interview or helping students by becoming a mentor, alumni can have a very positive effect on students success.
- Sit on a professional panel: Throughout the year, Law Career Services plans numerous panel presentations to allow our students to interact with lawyers and to learn about what it means to be an attorney. Panel topics range from discussions about specific areas of legal practice to general programs on professionalism and networking. The most engaging panels feature successful alumni who offer important perspectives and knowledge to students. Contact LCS with interest in panel participation.
- Become a mentor: Alumni can play a vital role in developing students and recent graduates by serving as a mentor. DePaul has two mentoring programs: a student/lawyer mentoring program and the Lawyer-to-Lawyer (L2L) Mentoring Program (which offers Illinois CLE credit). Contact LCS for more information on becoming a mentor.
- Become a mentee: New attorneys can learn from experienced lawyers and earn CLE credit by enrolling in DePauls Lawyer-to-Lawyer (L2L) Mentoring Program. Please contact the field placement program coordinator for more information.
- Interview DePaul law students: Are you an attorney working at a firm that is hiring law students? Working with Law Career Services offers an easy way for firms and businesses to interview DePaul students. For more information, visit the recruiting page.
- Meet the Employers event: Join Law Career Services in the spring for Meet the Employers night. This annual event is a great way for alumni to interact with students. It also is an important way for law firms and businesses to network.
- Participate at the Small Firm Jobs Fair: Each spring, Law Career Services hosts a small firm jobs event. The goal of the event is to have alumni working at small firms interact with current law students. It is a great opportunity for both the small firm attorneys looking to add additional talent to their firm as well as for current students who have an interest in working at a small or boutique firm.
- Alumni Monthly Monitor: Alumni who register in Vincent receive a monthly newsletter offering important information about specific job searches. Additionally, the newsletter highlights specific programs and networking events to attend.