The CTA U-Pass is your ticket to UNLIMITED riding aboard CTA buses and CTA trains. Use your U-Pass on CTA bus/rail system anytime, anywhere, for any reason. It's your connection to school, shopping, sports events, social activities, art and entertainment centers, and all the things Chicago has to offer. To learn more about the U-Pass, please visit the U-Pass website at http://upass.depaul.edu.
What Is the CTA U-Pass?
- The CTA U-Pass is a transit pass that eligible students can use for unlimited rides anywhere on the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) system. Pursuant to our contract with the CTA, only students who are enrolled in at least 9 credit hours per semester at the College of Law receive a U-Pass. All eligible students are billed $106.00 per semester for the pass.
The U-Pass is valid on CTA-operated bus and rail lines 24 hours per day and seven days per week. The pass will NOT be valid during winter break or during the summer; it is, however, valid over spring break.
- U-Pass replaces cash for all CTA fares - no cash is needed.
- U-Pass does not require a transfer or surcharge.
- U-Pass is NOT valid for travel on PACE suburban buses or Metra commuter trains.
- The cards of students who drop to part-time status will be deactivated.
- U-Pass is also valid for CTA Paratransit Special Services (for those qualified through the RTA) until the printed expiration date.
How do I get it?
Eligible students are responsible for picking up their U-Pass. All students MUST present a valid DePaul ID in order to receive their U-Pass. Failure to pick up the U-Pass does not eliminate the charge. U-Pass will work through the date printed on the U-Pass as long as students remain eligible. Designated days and times for picking up your U-Pass will be given to you at a later date.
For bus and train schedules, visit the CTA's website at http://www.transitchicago.com.