PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION, ALONG WITH
ANY WRITING SAMPLE ON A HUMAN RIGHTS TOPIC THAT YOU MAY WISH TO BE
CONSIDERED (NOT REQUIRED)
- Please tell us why you are interested in participating in this practicum?
- What are your career goals? What do you hope to get out of the experience of working with human rights issues in Mexico?
- Please describe any background experience you have working with human rights issues and/or Latin America.
- Describe any knowledge you have of Chiapas or
human rights issues in Mexico. Are there current issues in the field of
human rights, particularly in the Americas, that you would like to work
- Living conditions in Mexico during the Practicum can be
spartan. Does that pose any particular problem for you? Are you on any
special diets? Is it a problem if meals are not always at regular times?
- Would you be a candidate for the ten-day program or the summer-long program?
- You understand that you will be required to register for two
credit hours if you participate in the practicum. In addition, would you
be able to pay the costs of the program?
- You will also be exposed to an intense and
sometimes difficult political situation. Does that pose any particular
problems for you?
- Academic standing at DePaul (GPA, Law Review, probation,
special programs, etc.). If a first-year student, submit breakout of
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RETURNED TO PROFESSOR CAVISE IN ROOM 723 OR BY E-MAIL AT email@example.com.
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY
27. EACH APPLICANT WILL BE INDIVIDUALLY INTERVIEWED ACCORDING TO A
SIGN-UP SCHEDULE THAT WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY E-MAIL. THOSE SEEKING TO
SPEND THE SUMMER WILL BE INTERVIEWED IN SPANISH.